What a gorgeous destination wedding for Cathie & Tom at the Tin Poppy Retreat just north of Enderby, BC! A beautiful day with a beautiful couple. Enjoy these images from their special day. 🙂
I had the privilege and honour of photographing the wedding of Chelsea and Ryan in one of my favourite areas of British Columbia – Summerland. The venue was La Punta Norte and it was my first time shooting a wedding at this beautiful Okanagan destination.
The smoke from more than a hundred surrounding forest fires in BC and Washington State had been hovering in the Okanagan for a couple of weeks before the wedding, and it didn’t let up for the big day. Although this smokey reality proved a bit challenging for me (and anyone with breathing sensitivities), the wedding was an extraordinarily beautiful occasion and I wish Chelsea and Ryan all the best on their journey together, as one.
Here is my collection of favourites from the past year. I wish you all a very wonderful holiday season and a healthy and prosperous 2017!
1) “Aglow” – The iconic Enderby Cliffs light up as a winter’s day comes to a close
2) “Sovereign” – Enjoying some incredible conditions at Sovereign Lake, Vernon, BC
3) “Day Break” – Ringing in the new year atop Silver Star Mountain, overlooking Vernon, BC
4) “Inversion” – Otherworldly scene featuring inversion clouds blanketing Vernon, BC
5) “Swansea Point” – Lovely creek pours into Mara Lake near Sicamous, BC
6) “The Rock” – Mara Lake near Sicamous, BC
7) “Sweeping” – Early spring hits the Shuswap, Enderby, BC
8) “Fire Hills Pt.1” – Evening sky lights up over Enderby, BC
9) “Idyllic” – a perfect afternoon fly fishing Mabel Lake near Lumby, BC
10) “Two Suns, One Oasis” – Spring at McGuire Lake in Salmon Arm, BC
11) “202” – Long exposure at dusk over the Shuswap river in Enderby, BC
12) “Sunnybrae Selfie” – Shuswap Lake in the spring near Salmon Arm, BC
13) “Fire Hills Pt. 2” – Another amazing sky unfolds over Enderby, BC
14) “Stand Tall” – One of my favourite trees overlooking the Shuswap River, Enderby, BC
15)”Moments Like These” – Surreal evening on the Shuswap River, Enderby, BC
16) “Bitten” – Battling mosquitos along a swollen Shuswap River in Enderby, BC
17) “Swallowtail” – Zooming in on a smaller world, Enderby, BC
18) “Rock Blossoms” – Ellison Provincial Park near Vernon, BC
19) “Motherhood” – Okanagan Lake near Vernon, BC
20) “Tenacity” – Surviving the odds on Shuswap Lake near Blind Bay, BC
21) “Bursting” – Spring in full bloom at Swan Lake, Vernon, BC
22) “River Art” – Sand patterns along the Shuswap River, Enderby, BC
23) “Belvidere Sky” – Enderby, BC
24) “A Seat in the Shuswap” – Near Salmon Arm, BC
25) “The Ramp” – View of Sicamous, BC from the gliding ramp
26) “Sky Melt” – Unusual cloud formations over the Shuswap River in Enderby, BC
27) “Rainbow Pasta” – Ashton Creek, BC
28) “A Vibrant Shuswap” – Enderby, BC
29) “Phoenix” – Vertical panning last year’s devastating fire at Kettle River Provincial Park near Westbridge, BC
30) “Similkameen Sizzle” – near Cawston, BC
31) “Farm Life” – Keremeos, BC
32) “Summer’s End” – Skimikin Lake near Salmon Arm, BC
33) “The Tune of Autumn” – Fall scene along the Shuswap River, Enderby, BC
34) “New Horizons” – A first visit for me to Wallenteen Lake near Salmon Arm, BC
35) “Fall on Fortune” – Spallumcheen, BC
36) “On the Edge of Paradise” – Kalamalka Lake, Vernon, BC
37) “Autumn Road” – Spallumcheen, BC
38) “Cotton Candy Shuswap” – Enderby, BC
39) “November Tree” – Kalamalka Lake, Vernon, BC
40) “Christmas Magic” – Wonderful winter scene to end the year
As I’ve done in years gone by, here are my favourite images from 2014. I’ve had some truly amazing experiences this year and I’m so thankful to God for every blessing He provides. I hope you enjoy this collection!
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
Home is a beautiful thing. In my case, that would be Enderby, British Columbia. Yes, I was born and raised in the big city (Vancouver), and my family still resides there to this day. My precious Canucks are there. The place will always bring back nostalgic memories for me. However, this is home now. And Enderby is a fantastic place to be for many reasons. One of the obvious reasons takes the form of gorgeous volcanic cliffs that tower over the town. The Enderby Cliffs are spectacular any time of year and they are very often the subject of many of my landscape shots.
Here are some of my favourite Cliffs shots from 2013. Merry Christmas and enjoy!
Learn to take better pictures in the beautiful North Okanagan! Join me for another round of Camera Basics and Field Instruction in Enderby, BC this July! You can get all the information here. Camera Basics (theory-based) happens on Thursday, July 19th (6-8pm) and the Field Instruction happens Saturday, July 21st (times to be determined). Sign up for both for only $100 (taxes included)! There’s only space for 10 participants, so contact me to book at (250) 838-6195 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi all, due to much demand in the Shuswap and North Okanagan for quality photography workshops in the area, I have put together some sessions to be held this month in beautiful Enderby, BC! Whether you’re just learning about photography, or you just need some professional tips to truly inspire and elevate your imagery, these workshops are fun, and affordable!
Please click here to download the PDF which outlines the dates, prices and workshop descriptors! Book your spot now by emailing me at email@example.com or by calling (250) 838-6195. Hurry, space is limited!